Friday 4 April 2014

Lesson 3: goggles

Progress this week was a bit limited.  The exercises we did were quite challenging and I've not quite got the confidence to just go for it and try and glide or swim a little without a float.  The frustrating thing is as soon as I'm on the way home I want to be back in there having a go.  I think it will be small steps, so will try not to get too disheartened at not moving forward much.

However this week I did use my goggles.  I bought them last week but felt a bit self conscious so they stayed on the side hidden in the towel.  But this week it was goggle time. They are a bit of a pain when you are out of the water and you have to keep moving them up off the eyes, but they did make a big difference to my confidence in breathing under water.  They helped me keep my eyes open - until then I'd not really realised I'd been keeping them shut.  This reduced the panicky feeling and after a while of practicing it got easier to glide looking at the lovely clear water and watching the stream of bubbles coming first out of my mouth and then out of my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment